Wednesday, August 22, 2012

So you lost at trial . . . what about that right to appeal?


            I know you are all thinking it . . . I am so much smarter than Antonin Scalia, and I know so much more about the U.S. Constitution than the rest of those black robes, so how the hell can I not know more than that local state court judge who is anywhere from 2 to four 4 levels down the chain from those guys?
            Why did I lose??  I knows the law! I knows my Constitutionamal Rights, and I know that those laws and my rights are being violated!

"Appellate Options I" by anonymous on GoAnimate

Animation Software - Powered by GoAnimate.

            Yes, you have read every John Grisham novel, and you listen to all the inspired ramblings gushing out on the deranged Glenn Beck A.M. radio psychosis machine, and you likely know how to make the (discredited) argument that the I.R.S. is illegal, believe “birthers” have proven that Obama has destroyed the Constitution, and probably even think that banning crucifixes in the courtroom is a war on Christmas. 
Well, try to let go of those passionate beliefs along with the belief that your “Constitutional right to an appeal” is the best way to get what you want done in the legal system.  The best way to get what you want done in the legal system is to win at the trial court.

1 comment: